Prototype Machining Wichita, KS
Prototype machining Wichita, KS. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Wichita that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Wichita
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Wichita saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Wichita, KS Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Wichita, KS industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Wichita, KS industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Wichita, KS automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Wichita, KS oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Wichita, KS medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KS machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple KS industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Wichita, KS end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Wichita, KS
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Wichita, KS | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.