Prototype Machining Cincinnati, OH
Prototype machining Cincinnati, OH. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Cincinnati that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Cincinnati
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Cincinnati saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Cincinnati, OH?
A large number of Cincinnati, OH industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Cincinnati, OH industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Cincinnati, OH automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Cincinnati, OH oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Cincinnati, OH medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OH machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple OH industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Cincinnati, OH end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Cincinnati, OH
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Cincinnati, OH | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.