Prototype Machining in Oklahoma | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Oklahoma. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Oklahoma that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Oklahoma Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Oklahoma saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Oklahoma Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Oklahoma industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Oklahoma industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Oklahoma automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Oklahoma medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Oklahoma machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple Oklahoma industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Oklahoma end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Oklahoma
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Oklahoma | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.