Prototype Machining Denver, CO
Prototype machining Denver, CO. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Denver that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Denver
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Denver saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Denver, CO?
Multiple Denver, CO industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Denver, CO industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Denver, CO automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Denver, CO oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Denver, CO medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CO machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple CO industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Denver, CO finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Denver, CO
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Denver, CO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.