Prototype Machining Newark, NJ
Prototype machining Newark, NJ. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Newark that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Newark Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Newark saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Newark, NJ?
A large number of Newark, NJ industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Newark, NJ industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Newark, NJ automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Newark, NJ oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Newark, NJ medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NJ machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple NJ industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Newark, NJ finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Newark, NJ
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Newark, NJ | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.