Prototype Machining Chicago, IL
Prototype machining Chicago, IL. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Chicago that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Chicago
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Chicago saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Chicago, IL?
Multiple Chicago, IL industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Chicago, IL industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Chicago, IL automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Chicago, IL oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Chicago, IL medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IL machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple IL industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Chicago, IL finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Chicago, IL
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Chicago, IL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.