Prototype Machining Battle Creek, MI
Prototype machining Battle Creek, MI. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Battle Creek that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Battle Creek Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Battle Creek saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Battle Creek, MI industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Battle Creek, MI industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Battle Creek, MI automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Battle Creek, MI oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Battle Creek, MI medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MI machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MI industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Battle Creek, MI finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Battle Creek, MI
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Battle Creek, MI | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.