Prototype Machining in Kansas | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Kansas. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Kansas that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Kansas
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Kansas saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Kansas Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Kansas industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Kansas industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Kansas automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Kansas medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Kansas machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Kansas industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Kansas finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Kansas
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Kansas | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.