Prototype Machining in Oregon | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Oregon. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Oregon that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Oregon
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Oregon saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Oregon Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Oregon industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Oregon industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Oregon automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Oregon medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Oregon machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Oregon industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Oregon end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Oregon
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Oregon | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.