Prototype Machining in California | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in California. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in California that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
California Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in California saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In California?
A large number of California industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following California industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with California automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The California medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified California machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple California industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your California finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in California
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me California | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.