Prototype Machining in North Carolina | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in North Carolina. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in North Carolina that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services North Carolina
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in North Carolina saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In North Carolina?
Many North Carolina industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following North Carolina industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with North Carolina automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The North Carolina medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified North Carolina machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple North Carolina industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your North Carolina finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in North Carolina
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me North Carolina | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.