Prototype Machining Huntsville, AL
Prototype machining Huntsville, AL. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Huntsville that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Huntsville
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Huntsville saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Huntsville, AL industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Huntsville, AL industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Huntsville, AL automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Huntsville, AL oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Huntsville, AL medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our AL machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple AL industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Huntsville, AL end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Huntsville, AL
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Huntsville, AL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.