Prototype Machining Affton, MO
Prototype machining Affton, MO. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Affton that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development goals.
Affton Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Affton saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Affton, MO Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Affton, MO industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Affton, MO industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Affton, MO automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Affton, MO oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Affton, MO medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Affton, MO end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Affton, MO
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Affton, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.