Prototype Machining in Florida | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Florida. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Florida that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Florida Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Florida saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Florida Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of Florida industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Florida industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Florida automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Florida medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Florida machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Florida industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Florida end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Florida
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Florida | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.