Prototype Machining Houston, TX
Prototype machining Houston, TX. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Houston that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Houston
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Houston saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Houston, TX industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Houston, TX industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Houston, TX automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Houston, TX oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Houston, TX medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Houston, TX end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Houston, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Houston, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.