Prototype Machining Los Angeles, CA
Prototype machining Los Angeles, CA. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Los Angeles that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Los Angeles
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Los Angeles saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Los Angeles, CA industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Los Angeles, CA industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Los Angeles, CA automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Los Angeles, CA oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Los Angeles, CA medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple CA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Los Angeles, CA finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Los Angeles, CA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Los Angeles, CA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.