Prototype Machining St Louis, MO
Prototype machining St Louis, MO. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in St Louis that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
St Louis Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in St Louis saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple St Louis, MO industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following St Louis, MO industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with St Louis, MO automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- St Louis, MO oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The St Louis, MO medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your St Louis, MO finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in St Louis, MO
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me St Louis, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.