Prototype Machining Chesapeake, VA
Prototype machining Chesapeake, VA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Chesapeake that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Chesapeake
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Chesapeake saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Chesapeake, VA industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Chesapeake, VA industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Chesapeake, VA automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Chesapeake, VA oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Chesapeake, VA medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our VA machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple VA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Chesapeake, VA end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Chesapeake, VA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Chesapeake, VA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.