Prototype Machining in Louisiana | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Louisiana. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Louisiana that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Louisiana Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Louisiana saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Louisiana Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Louisiana industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Louisiana industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Louisiana automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Louisiana medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Louisiana machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Louisiana industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Louisiana finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Louisiana
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Louisiana | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.