Prototype Machining Atlanta, GA
Prototype machining Atlanta, GA. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Atlanta that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Atlanta Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Atlanta saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Atlanta, GA industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Atlanta, GA industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Atlanta, GA automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Atlanta, GA oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Atlanta, GA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our GA machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple GA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Atlanta, GA finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Atlanta, GA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Atlanta, GA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.