Prototype Machining in Connecticut | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Connecticut. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Connecticut that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Connecticut
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Connecticut saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Connecticut industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Connecticut industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Connecticut automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Connecticut medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Connecticut machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple Connecticut industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Connecticut end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Connecticut
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Connecticut | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.