Prototype Machining in Nebraska | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Nebraska. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Nebraska that can not only make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Nebraska
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Nebraska saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Nebraska Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Nebraska industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Nebraska industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Nebraska automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Nebraska medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Nebraska machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Nebraska industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Nebraska finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Nebraska
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Nebraska | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.