Prototype Machining Midland, TX
Prototype machining Midland, TX. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Midland that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Midland Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Midland saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Midland, TX Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Midland, TX industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Midland, TX industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Midland, TX automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Midland, TX oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Midland, TX medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Midland, TX end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Midland, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Midland, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.