Prototype Machining Seattle, WA
Prototype machining Seattle, WA. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Seattle that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Seattle
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Seattle saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Seattle, WA Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Seattle, WA industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Seattle, WA industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Seattle, WA automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Seattle, WA oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Seattle, WA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our WA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple WA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Seattle, WA finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Seattle, WA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Seattle, WA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.