Prototype Machining in Georgia | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Georgia. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Georgia that can not only make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Georgia
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Georgia saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Georgia industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Georgia industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Georgia automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Georgia medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Georgia machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Georgia industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Georgia end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Georgia
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Georgia | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.