Prototype Machining in Utah | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Utah. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Utah that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Utah Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Utah saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Utah Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Utah industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Utah industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Utah automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Utah medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Utah machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Utah industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Utah finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Utah
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Utah | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.