Prototype Machining in Nevada | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Nevada. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Nevada that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Nevada
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Nevada saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Nevada Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of Nevada industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Nevada industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Nevada automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Nevada medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Nevada machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Nevada industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Nevada finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Nevada
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Nevada | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.