Prototype Machining in Wyoming | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Wyoming. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Wyoming that can not only make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Wyoming
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Wyoming saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Wyoming industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Wyoming industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Wyoming automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Wyoming medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Wyoming machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Wyoming industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Wyoming finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Wyoming
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Wyoming | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.