Prototype Machining Kansas City, MO
Prototype machining Kansas City, MO. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Kansas City that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Kansas City
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Kansas City saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Kansas City, MO?
Many Kansas City, MO industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Kansas City, MO industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Kansas City, MO automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Kansas City, MO oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Kansas City, MO medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Kansas City, MO end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Kansas City, MO
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Kansas City, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.