Prototype Machining Cleveland, OH
Prototype machining Cleveland, OH. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Cleveland that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Cleveland Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Cleveland saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Cleveland, OH?
A large number of Cleveland, OH industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Cleveland, OH industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Cleveland, OH automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Cleveland, OH oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Cleveland, OH medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OH machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple OH industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Cleveland, OH end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Cleveland, OH
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Cleveland, OH | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.