Prototype Machining Omaha, NE
Prototype machining Omaha, NE. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Omaha that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Omaha Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Omaha saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Omaha, NE?
Multiple Omaha, NE industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Omaha, NE industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Omaha, NE automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Omaha, NE oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Omaha, NE medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NE machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple NE industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Omaha, NE end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Omaha, NE
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Omaha, NE | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.