Prototype Machining Minneapolis, MN
Prototype machining Minneapolis, MN. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Minneapolis that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Minneapolis
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Minneapolis saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Minneapolis, MN Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Minneapolis, MN industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Minneapolis, MN industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Minneapolis, MN automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Minneapolis, MN oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Minneapolis, MN medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MN machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple MN industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Minneapolis, MN end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Minneapolis, MN
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Minneapolis, MN | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.