Prototype Machining Colorado Springs, CO
Prototype machining Colorado Springs, CO. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Colorado Springs that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Colorado Springs
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Colorado Springs saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Colorado Springs, CO?
A large number of Colorado Springs, CO industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Colorado Springs, CO industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Colorado Springs, CO automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Colorado Springs, CO oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Colorado Springs, CO medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CO machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple CO industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Colorado Springs, CO finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Colorado Springs, CO
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Colorado Springs, CO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.