Prototype Machining in New Hampshire | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in New Hampshire. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in New Hampshire that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development goals.
New Hampshire Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in New Hampshire saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many New Hampshire industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following New Hampshire industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with New Hampshire automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The New Hampshire medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified New Hampshire machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple New Hampshire industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your New Hampshire finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in New Hampshire
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me New Hampshire | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.