Prototype Machining Alton, IL
Prototype machining Alton, IL. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Alton that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Alton
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Alton saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Alton, IL Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Alton, IL industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Alton, IL industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Alton, IL automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Alton, IL oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Alton, IL medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IL machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple IL industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Alton, IL finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Alton, IL
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Alton, IL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.