Prototype Machining in Montana | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Montana. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Montana that can not only make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Montana Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Montana saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Montana?
Multiple Montana industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Montana industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Montana automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Montana medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Montana machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Montana industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Montana finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Montana
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Montana | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.