Prototype Machining Boston, MA
Prototype machining Boston, MA. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Boston that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Boston
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Boston saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Boston, MA?
Multiple Boston, MA industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Boston, MA industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Boston, MA automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Boston, MA oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Boston, MA medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple MA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Boston, MA end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Boston, MA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Boston, MA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.