Prototype Machining Lexington, KY
Prototype machining Lexington, KY. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Lexington that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Lexington
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Lexington saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Lexington, KY industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Lexington, KY industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Lexington, KY automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Lexington, KY oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Lexington, KY medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KY machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple KY industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Lexington, KY finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Lexington, KY
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Lexington, KY | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.