Prototype Machining in Texas | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Texas. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Texas that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Texas
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Texas saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Texas industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Texas industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Texas automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Texas medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Texas machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Texas industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Texas end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Texas
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Texas | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.