Prototype Machining New Orleans, LA
Prototype machining New Orleans, LA. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in New Orleans that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services New Orleans
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in New Orleans saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple New Orleans, LA industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following New Orleans, LA industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with New Orleans, LA automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- New Orleans, LA oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The New Orleans, LA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our LA machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple LA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your New Orleans, LA end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in New Orleans, LA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me New Orleans, LA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.