Prototype Machining in Delaware | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Delaware. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Delaware that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Delaware Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Delaware saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Delaware?
A large number of Delaware industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Delaware industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Delaware automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Delaware medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Delaware machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple Delaware industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Delaware finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Delaware
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Delaware | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.