Prototype Machining Buffalo, NY
Prototype machining Buffalo, NY. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Buffalo that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Buffalo
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Buffalo saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Buffalo, NY?
A large number of Buffalo, NY industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Buffalo, NY industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Buffalo, NY automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Buffalo, NY oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Buffalo, NY medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NY machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple NY industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Buffalo, NY end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Buffalo, NY
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Buffalo, NY | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.