Prototype Machining Plano, TX
Prototype machining Plano, TX. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Plano that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Plano
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Plano saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Plano, TX Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of Plano, TX industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Plano, TX industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Plano, TX automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Plano, TX oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Plano, TX medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Plano, TX end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Plano, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Plano, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.