Prototype Machining Edwardsville, IL
Prototype machining Edwardsville, IL. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Edwardsville that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Edwardsville
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Edwardsville saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Edwardsville, IL industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Edwardsville, IL industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Edwardsville, IL automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Edwardsville, IL oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Edwardsville, IL medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IL machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple IL industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Edwardsville, IL finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Edwardsville, IL
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Edwardsville, IL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.