Prototype Machining in South Carolina | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in South Carolina. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in South Carolina that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services South Carolina
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in South Carolina saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What South Carolina Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of South Carolina industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following South Carolina industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with South Carolina automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The South Carolina medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified South Carolina machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple South Carolina industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your South Carolina end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in South Carolina
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me South Carolina | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.