Prototype Machining Independence, MO
Prototype machining Independence, MO. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Independence that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Independence Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Independence saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Independence, MO Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Independence, MO industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Independence, MO industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Independence, MO automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Independence, MO oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Independence, MO medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Independence, MO finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Independence, MO
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Independence, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.