Prototype Machining Winston-Salem, NC
Prototype machining Winston-Salem, NC. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Winston-Salem that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Winston-Salem Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Winston-Salem saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Winston-Salem, NC Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Winston-Salem, NC industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Winston-Salem, NC industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Winston-Salem, NC automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Winston-Salem, NC oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Winston-Salem, NC medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NC machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple NC industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Winston-Salem, NC end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Winston-Salem, NC
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Winston-Salem, NC | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.