Prototype Machining Greensboro, NC
Prototype machining Greensboro, NC. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Greensboro that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Greensboro Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Greensboro saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Greensboro, NC Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Greensboro, NC industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Greensboro, NC industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Greensboro, NC automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Greensboro, NC oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Greensboro, NC medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NC machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple NC industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Greensboro, NC end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Greensboro, NC
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Greensboro, NC | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.