Prototype Machining Sacramento, CA
Prototype machining Sacramento, CA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Sacramento that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Sacramento Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Sacramento saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Sacramento, CA industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Sacramento, CA industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Sacramento, CA automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Sacramento, CA oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Sacramento, CA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CA machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple CA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Sacramento, CA finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Sacramento, CA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Sacramento, CA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.