Prototype Machining in Maryland | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Maryland. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Maryland that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Maryland Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Maryland saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Maryland Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Maryland industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Maryland industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Maryland automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Maryland medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Maryland machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Maryland industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Maryland end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Maryland
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Maryland | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.